Sunday, May 8, 2011

Hop Hop and Away



Today at St. Mary's my group had the gym group. We were assessing Dribbling and kicking today so we had the kids do activities to perform these motor skills. I had the last game which was a soccer game. At first it seemed like it was going to be a challenge because the children were losing interest with some of the activities. In the beginning of my introduction of the game there were only 6 children wanting to try the game. I broke them up into 2 teams of 3 and had a college student on each team. After a couple of minutes the older kids saw the children playing my game were having alot of fun and wanted to join. In the end I believe I had 12 kids playing a big game of soccer. Instead of only playing my game for 15 minutes, they kept playing the game until they had to go get snacks. It was very rewarding to know they loved my activity and weren't just forced to play. It was probably one of the best feeling of accomplishment.Children love just playing sports acitivities so why not let them do what they love!

No comments:

Post a Comment