Monday, May 9, 2011

Farewell St. Mary's '11

Lab 6 was our last day at St.Mary's with the children. In a way I'm going to miss it because I really enjoyed doing activities with the children there. It was a challenge sometimes and definetly boosted my confidence to teach in front of others I didn't know. I had alot of good times there seeing the smiles on the children's faces while they did my activities. Its one of the best feelings knowing that children are enjoying life at that moment because of you. This experience definetly lets me know that this is what I want to do with the rest of my life. Helping children work on their skills to improve them and just helping them enjoy life is the best feeling. For the last day at St. Mary's I had the kids play a game of speedball. It was a little different today because instead of being with my group, Mr. Yang let me take the older kids and do my game with them by myself. It felt good to know I had control of the activity completely and even more because the children really enjoyed it. I believe they did because it was more sports related. I'm going to miss going there on Wednesdays!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment